Old 08-11-2013, 06:13 AM
craftygater

Well, I'm not big on posting. I usually can't think of anything to say when I start typing. Congrats to all that are loosing. Keep it up. Even if you don't win the FQ's you still win. I used to do Richard Simmons "Sweating to the Oldies." It's fun and works. Doug out the old videos. I am down 4 pounds so far since Aug 1. That makes 15 pounds since July 8 when I started. I am going to Mertyle Beach in Sept with daughter and son in law. Now I have to take in the clothes I bought . Oh well. It's worth it.

My story.....I have always been over weight. I swore that I would never hit 300. I did. When my husband passed away 2 1/2 yrs ago I ate. and ate. I have added over 30# in the last 2+ yrs. I talked with my Dr for help but we haven't started anything yet. So one night in July I was watching QVC and they had the nutri system as a Todays Value. I figured I wasn't out anything so I ordered it. It arrived on July 5. I waited until July 8 (first of the week) to start. Foods not bad. And... it's working. Now for the exercise. I work for Lowe's so I do alot of walking, up-down ladders, lifting paint cans etc, so I do get some exercise. I also watch my 3 mo and 26 mo grandchildren 2 days a week. That in itself is exercise. What I need is exercise to firm the belly. I have a bad left knee (need replacement), bad back and rotary cuff tendinitise. So some exercises I can't do. I do know Richard Simmons videos will help the belly. Just hope I can keep up. I have an exercise bike--can't do it. The knee doesn't like it. I am putting it up for sale. Cheap just to get it out of the garage.

Soo......if anyone is still reading.....Oh.....I do sew and quilt. I have 3 quilts in the making right now...One is the Rings that Bind for my daughter that got married....oops....9 yrs ago. A bit late. #2 is my other daughters wedding quilt using her wedding dress cut up in a Courthouse steps with the solid squares the signature squares from the reception....2 yrs ago in Courthouse, Oh. The pattern seemed appropriate........and one for my granddaughter when she graduates into a full size bed next year into her own room from her "car" bed. And an assortment of bags started, cut, but not finished. When I get home from work I am usually too tired to quilt. Days off with the grandkids. Oh well. They will get done eventually. I hope to retire next year when I turn 60 and qualify for my husbands social security. Then I will have the time. Again thanks for reading. I guess I did find something to write about. Hope your weren't bored Yuck....now I have to go to work. Boy I can't wait until next November.

Last edited by craftygater; 08-11-2013 at 06:19 AM.