Old 08-11-2013, 07:14 AM
nanna-up-north

Miriam, the needle wasn't in the machine.... I think the auctioneer took it out because he was afraid someone might sew their finger or something. It was sitting on the machine bed. It looks like a newer needle.

And Nancy, WOW! I didn't realize there were so many 15 models!! I'm going to have to go out to the wellhouse to check on all those features. The serial # says it's a 1942. If the cover and 1st pages of the manual weren't gone, I'd know.... if that is the manual for this machine. There was a 66 manual as well but no 66 machine.

I should be working on the quilt for the guest room. Guests are coming on Tuesday.... but I'd rather be tinkering on this 'new' old machine.

Oh, I forgot .... I got the machine, cabinet and stool for $10. I guess there weren't any sewers at that auction yesterday. Most auctions I've been to this summer have machines going for $40-50 and they were missing major parts.... Okay, this one is missing a cord but that's not a biggie problem compared to bobbin cases and entire tension assemblies.