Old 08-11-2013, 10:04 AM
marytoddliz

She is Back! I had a wonderful time! I am sore in spots one should not be sore in! We saw lightening, up close and personal! Too Close! It started a fire on the other side of the Mt from us. When it hit (Boom and the light at the same time!!!) I screamed like a baby! The crew chief said drop your tools and run! That I can do, so I ran down hill fast enough to scare the Crew Chief to death! he thought I was going to fall I guess!

We got rained on so bad on Saturday afternoon that I had to hike out early with a few others. We were going to leave the next morning anyway and I did not cherish the idea of sleeping in a wet tent with everything wet! But believe me carrying a wet pack 3 1/2 miles was not very fun either!

So last night I pulled in the house about ten pm took a shower! You have no idea how good a shower feels after a week living in the brush! It was the best shower in the world!

Tomorrow the mail lady will catch me up on my mail, today I just learn to move again! I was the oldest of our crew of 8, by more than 12 years. All the volunteers were female, but we had two male crew. We got a lot of work done! LOL. Normally they have more men and more older retired folks! I am sure there were times when I tried hard to "pull my weight" but one has to admit that 20 years does make a difference in the ability to use a heavy tool digging a ditch!

But honestly I had the time of my life and will do it again!

Now back to my sewing machine. Lovely blocks being posted! We have a very talented group!