View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 09:27 PM
quiltingdoe

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
Participated in a jelly roll race today. There were 14 of us, we worked in pairs so made 7 quilt tops. All the fabric was donated from the personal stash of the quilt shop owner. She decided to get rid of her stash as she has way too much. This kind lady also donated the prizes - my team took 3rd place so we each got a Moda Layer Cake. The first place winner received a quilt kit, 2nd place winner received a bunch of fabric and a pattern. We had a lot of fun, and made some great quilts. All the batting and backing was donated by the quilt shop owner also. All the quilts will be donated to charity. All of the quilting has been donated, along with completing the binding.

I would imagine I could put together at least 10 jelly rolls (and the backing) without seriously depleting my stash - might have to think about getting a group of people together to make some charity quilts this way. Course I wouldn't have the great prizes but I bet I could come up with something. --maybe give away some of the patterns I know I will never use!
Glad you had a fun time. I bet your friends would need no prizes to help make charity quilt. Keep us posted on what you decide.