View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 07:06 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

Default Annie's Love Knot Quilt

My DD was married 20 years last June so I asked her what colors would she like for her quilt and she said yellow and blue. Then right before I went to buy the fabric, she said she was getting a king size bed soon. Well, the pattern I had picked out I didn't want to make in king size and since I love Eleanor Burns, I found her Love Knot pattern. It turned out nice and everyone loves it, but it's just not what I like. Another quilting friend liked it so much she actually bought most of the fabric and made one just like it. I bought everything at Joann's and while I love the pattern and I love the fabric, the quilt is just ho-hum to me. I think I am a true Scrappy girl at heart. Decided after this one that I will just use what is in my stash from now. And I have a huge stash !!! This is a huge quilt but I do recommend this pattern as it went together really quick. Another friend had made it in various taupes and browns and I like it better. I got some men working in the yard to hold it up for me, so no pretty draping for this one.
Attached Thumbnails missouri-star-trip-quilts-vintage-annies-051.jpg   missouri-star-trip-quilts-vintage-annies-052.jpg