View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 06:28 PM
girliegirl

oh I Know the red eyes are 66 and I have the 15 too, but just boring black... I will look again but that website is not right..
Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Singer only put the Red Eye on the model 66. Not considering the Decal, the 66 and 15 are very different machines, so which one do you have?

If for sure you have a 66, and you are sure you didn't read the number incorrectly or look it up incorrectly, then the database has an error, and this does happen. Both my white FW are wrong.

Read the number very carefully, sometimes the last digit can get a bit worn and it's hard to make them out. Also, make sure you are looking up the correct number. This is a particular problem if you have a "G" letter machine, Singer started out with 000,001 and went up to 9,999,999, and then they started with 0,000,001 and went all the way up to 0,999,999. Of course, they didn't use commas to help keep the numbers straight.

The most common mistake I see is where a 7 digit number got looked up as a six digit number. The number is something like G5860396, so the person looks up G and goes down to 5860 . . . and stops there - however they need to go way down because they stopped in the 586,000 instead of the 5,860,000 group. It's pretty funny when they write up a big 'story" about their Red Eye 66 when they've got a very pretty 128 with the LaVincedora decals. I know they do this because I look up both, and sure enough the model and date they list match a 6 digit number, but what they really have matches with the 7 digit number.