Old 08-13-2013, 05:05 AM
gardnergal970

Too much is going on here to just be a lurker so I'll come clean....my first husband is in the final stages of his battle with cancer and it has brought up a multitude of "stuff" but I'm in a better place and should be able to deal with friends and family in a civil, loving way.
QuiltE....what a beautiful SYE! It will steal the show.
Anael...so thankful for Bram's progress and your stars you've shown are beautiful. The background color makes them look like real stars.
Carrie and Mirabelle...I would join you for the stars journey in January but I've committed to an Eleanor Burns BOM starting then and I'm anticipating another Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt around Thanksgiving.
Jeanie...cupboards in? Are you almost ready to get back to normal?
Bev...moving is always upsetting and stressful. Try to find some time each day where you can sit and enjoy how much you've gotten done and not worry about how much there is to do yet. The very hardest part for me was going to the old house and doing the cleaning. All the stuff that I had kept but didn't want in the new place had to be taken care of!
QNS...nice you got the embroidery machine going. Is DH feeling better?
Carrie...your embroidery quilt is beautiful. What a nice setting you've chosen. Your arm must be much improved to be doing so much sewing.
JanRN...the sun was shining here yesterday to. Do you need some in PA?
Mirabelle...loved the quilts you posted pics of. Have you decided on your project for the upcoming retreat? Have you tried rubbing sports creame on your shoulder? Maybe you could experiment with turning your machine so you face the end of it so your good arm does more if the heavy lifting. It would mean a major shift if how you did your designs because they would all be sideways. Just a thought.
I'm going it try it finish my Jamestown this week. I have two rows ready to add and then the borders. I should cut and sandwich them this morning so they're dry enough to quilt later today. I would like to take it along to give to my youngest son and his DW when i go to the funeral. I do have my DGG?s quilt all sandwiched and ready to quilt but it can wait. So far I've kept up with Aiming 4 Accuracy and am thoroughly enjoying it. Also the mystery quilt from Fabric Essentials. Time for some finishes! Have a great day everyone!