View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 07:15 AM
Kath12

Originally Posted by YukonViv View Post
I'm glad to see this thread....I signed up for the Wind in the Whiskers BOM and haven't started yet. I've received 3 blocks so far...I think I need someone to come visit and work on this with me!!!

Forgot to mention I am getting the full kit for each block so I know it'll all look good in the end...I'm just terrified to start.
I have done several of her patterns and have really enjoyed doing them. I just finished this quilt (Wind in the Whiskers) for my LQS. I was thrilled to do it for the shop because I didn't have to purchase the patterns and all that fabric. I did most of the quilting with the clear thread (light an dark). If a piece wouldn't stick, I just retacked it down with a glue stick. The best advice I can give you is to take your time. I made a copy of the list with what pieces are used with what fabric so that I could check it off to make sure that I had all the pieces. Also read the instructions before cutting because if you're making the whole quilt, some of the pieces (leaves and branches) are not used but have alternate pieces in block 4. If you have any questions you can pm me