Old 11-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Brazen

Originally Posted by waquilter
I'm tentatively timidly dipping my pinkie in.
This is me too! I found out about Dear Jane several years ago and quickly found Bonnie's "Quiltville" website as she chronicled her way thru.

It took me two evenings to read thru this whole thread, and looking thru all of the files posted and links shared. Last night Klue shared an ebay seller she trusted and I didn't really think about it and I just ordered the two rulers! LOL

I'm fascinated with Civil War era history, most especially the quilts! :) I love the underground railroad and have THAT started, as well. I hate to not finish that first, because I started it a year ago. I OUGHT to finish it before January, but I just don't know if I'll have the time.

My husband is a combat medic in the Army and he is deploying to Afghanistan in the extremely near future. I already knew I'd be sewing a LOT during the year he's gone... but to think of doing this project, one that is slated to last 18 MONTHS! Craziness! LOL!

Anyway... I'm torn about which way to go, if I TRULY do join in... do I want the book or the software. I actually own EQ5... and never got a handle on using it. So I worry about something as intricate as the DJ quilt! I'd hate to spend $40 and not use it.

Lastly, to end my already too-long post, I would definitely want to use civil war repros and muslin for mine! I'm just worried about my lack of ability. I've made a lot of quilts, but they've all been regular, "normal", patterns. hehe No paper piecing, no applique, etc. Eeeeeek!