Old 08-13-2013, 02:52 PM
maryb119

Originally Posted by Gay View Post
Mary, your quilt is awesome, so many different techniques and love those fabrics. Did you design this, and/or can I buy the pattern somewhere? You should be very proud.
Thank you so much! The quilt is my own design. I just started cutting and sewing and made what ever popped into my head that day. The embroidery is a Cactus Punch degisn CD that I placed in different ways and stitched out. When I finished the embroideried blocks, none of them were the same size so the rest way a creative way to make them all fit together. It almost became a UFO but my mom encouraged me to finish....she said she wanted to see it in her life time...so I kept working on it. The quilt is entirely embroideried, pieced and quilted on my Pfaff 2144 machine. I used some of the embroidery stitches as quilting stitches. It was a challenge to put together but I was happy with the results.

After I was finished, the girls in my sewing group said it should be shown at a bigger show than just the local show so I looked up the rules for AQS, never dreaming that it would be accepted! The first show was in Des Moines, Iowa in October 2012, the second show was in Lancaster, Pennsylvaina in March 2013 and now it will be in the third show in Grand Rapids, Michigan this week. I will not be able to attend the show in Michigan but I was at the Des Moines show and the Lancaster show. I was pretty excited to see it hanging there. I did not win anything. The honor of being in those shows was prize enough for me. Thanks again.