Old 08-14-2013, 06:36 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

Show is Sept 20-21 and I need to register the quilts for the show August 19 [yep that's next Monday...eeek] and turn them in a week before the show. My 85"x85" needs to be quilted and bound, the other two I just showed - all around town [64" square] and Inner Light [44" square] tops are completed - will make backs today, sandwich tomorrow, and then I've got some quilting to do! I have a Bernina 440QE and it has given me so very much trouble any time I go to quilt, I have quilting-phobia big time!! I know of so many who have tension issues with that machine - two years ago I had to 'unquilt' a 48x60" quilt and it was in the shop 5 times during the last 10 weeks before the show for a total of nearly 6 weeks. Since then I have found some threads work better than others. Not as bad as my friend who has an 830 [over $13K] - I call it the sewing machine version of the old Ford Pinto! ....but no one dies and the Pinto purchase wasn't as costly. Hers has even gone back to Chicago a couple of times.
Happy sewing! keep good quilty thoughts