View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 12:56 AM
NJ Quilter

Originally Posted by WTxRed View Post
We just had Congoleum DuraPlank II - which is marketed as a luxury Vinyl Plank - put down in family room, halls, one bath room. It too looks like hardwood plank, but MUCH more durable and you don't have to refinish it AND it is water resistant, has a ScotchGard protector that eliminates the need for chemical cleaners or polishes - simply wipe or damp mop with water to clean. It has a warranty that covers for a lifelong period that it will not wear out, stain, fade & / or be free of manufacturing defects. I know I sound like a commercial for them. But it was the PERFECT fit for our house, dogs, cats, and lifestyle. Google Congoleum DuraPlank II - and give it a look! Yes, they recommend you don't run wheeled furniture over it - but I didn't before.
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]I say talk to your flooring shops - read, research - and figure out your budget for your flooring! Then sit back and enjoy it!
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
We put a similar product - Allure - in our dining room. Lifetime warranty; waterproof; looks like distressed walnut planks. I LOVE it. Still need to get an area rug for sound deadening. In my sewing room I have hardwood (cuz that part of the house is about 250 yrs old) and an area rug. I would definitely go with the vinyl plank - very natural looking. In fact, when we're ready to replace the carpet in other parts of the house, it's what I'll be going with.