View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 05:12 AM
Jratcliff

I got quite the chuckle from your post. I was given a Brother 6000D and had never had any interest whatsoever in embroidery. I only did clothing and quilting. Great sewing machine and that's how it was used for months. I started feeling guilty about not utilizing it as intended so ventured into a test design. Now I'm hooked! All I do is embroidery and I tend to use the largest hoop all the time. So many incredible designs and just not enough time and money! I actually started with a class on Craftsy by Eileen Roche. It was definitely worth the cost of the class unless you consider where it has led. One great site for designs that stitch out absolutely perfectly is Molly Mine. I got one of her designs mainly because it was not expensive. Great little gifts. I've also had very good luck with Artistic Threads - some very good videos. I hope you will post more as you work with your machine. I love to hear what others are doing and all the tips and hints. Jane
Originally Posted by ibdee_ca View Post
I'm Dee in central CA and I have a babylock Sofia (now discontinued) with a 4x4" hoop for embroidery and hubby just got me a new Brother Isodore (Innovis 5000) that has up to a 7x12" hoop. It's probably more machine than I'll ever need but I love it so far. They both take .pes files so I can go back and forth machines with the designs. I've done dish towels, tops for the grandkids and want to do towels for the holidays. I'm making my son a skull design for a shirt of his. I've accumulated my supplies and have my area finally pretty well together. I've told the family my Christmas wish list is gift cards from Hancock's or JoAnn's...LOL