Old 08-16-2013, 08:22 AM
Rose S.

Default Anyone ever buy a Shark iron? Opinions please

I have had my current Black & Decker iron for probably 5 years...it has been a really good iron. I thought it died a week or two ago, but I 'slapped' the side of it, and it started heating up again. However, it started spluttering and spewing yesterday...then said the clean. I did...and it is working. But just afraid it is going to stop sometime when I am right in the middle of something.

So I was at walmart, and looked at the irons...the Black & Deckers they had did not feel made well...not near like the one I have. I looked at a Hamilton Beach and did not like the feel of it. Due to it being so hard to get out of the box, I just went ahead and bought the Shark Professional iron...and I definitely like the feel of it better than the others that they had.

I am finding mixed reviews about them on the net and just wondered if anyone had had experience with them. I am thinking I will probably keep it since I didn't like the others at all. I just wondered if anyone had any experience with them.

I had a Rowenta before I my Black & Decker...it did not last any time and I didn't even use it that much because I was still working so didn't want to go with one of them. Now my one friend bought their travel iron and I think still loves it...has had it for years. So maybe I got a lemon.

Anyway, inquiring minds want to know.