View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 08:36 AM
IBQLTN

Originally Posted by MarnieH View Post
I have a Husqvarna Topaz 30 for 3 years. Although I have done a bit of embroidery, I was using it mostly for quilting.
ive had problems with the scissor mechanism not always retracting. Especially when I'm doing embroidery. This is very frustrating and sometimes can be damaging to the item and almost impossible to .line up again once taken off the machine.
im wondering if anyone else has had same or similar problems with theirs or another Husqvarna machine.
i was thinking of updating to a color screen but I'm having 2nd thoughts about getting another Husqvarna although I do like the Ruby.
feedback please.
Marnie,

There could be a couple of different things wrong with our thread cutter. Quite possibly there is a small piece of thread hung up inside the thread cutter and/or the little felt pad inside the cutter is worn or there is 'thread dust' which is a fancy way of saying it's dirty.

I have the Designer I and because I used to work for Viking years ago, I know how to take the grey plastic cover to the left of the bobbin case off which is where the thread cutter hides.

If you have a friendly Viking dealer most likely someone who works for them would know how to do this and would check it out for you free of charge. I know when I managed a store I taught all of our employees how to do this and a couple of other crucial things that can get you back sewing ASAP.

Hope this little tidbit helps!

Peggy