Old 08-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Macybaby

Sounds wonderful - especially the part about getting the 319W! I know there is one out there for me somewhere - just got to be patient for a while!

Several years ago DS bought a house in the suburbs of Atlanta GA, and about a year ago DD transferred from Nevada State to UGA, and moved in with DS, and then DH's parents moved to northern Florida. So we'll be headed that way this fall. At least now we can visit the all with one trip!

Anyway, they think we are coming to visit - but we've already lined up to bring three machines with us.
We are bringing a white FW and a 401A to drop off in MO. I'm trading the 401 for a Rocketeer and my good friend picked up that Singer 115 with the Wings decal for me. So we'll drop off two and pick up two.

We are bringing the 534 down for Son, and he's got a 127, 99 and 301 already waiting for me. So we'll drop off the third and pick up three more. We may also pick up MIL's 625 Golden Touch N Sew. It has not worked for years, and she has two other machines, but DH wants to see if he can get it running.

We plan on leaving early and spending time in the Omaha/Council Bluff area, and then spend the night in St. Josephs and the day bumming around there and Kansas City. Will spend another day bumming around St. Louis with friends, and then head down MO along the Mississippi river. Not sure our exact route from there, normally we cross into KY and then down through TN and into GA. While we are there, we'll be making the trip to Florida to see In-laws new home.

We'll be down in GA for a week or so, then head back home. There is plenty of time between now and when we leave to see if I can work a few more deals - or find a few more machines! It's tempting to take the truck, but with the car I'll have a limiting factor, and I think I need that! DH said we can always ship a few machines home if we run out of room - way cheaper than feeding the truck all the way from South Dakota to Georgia and back.