Old 08-16-2013, 05:43 PM
DogHouseMom

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
I am 'cooking' right along on my WIP's so I can start this on time! finished the binding on the second 'in the works' quilt today and managed to get the appliques fused onto one of the 4 outer borders on the last one. so I am on a roll! I do still need to make a couple labels- I have my patterns copied & 'in the way' on the cutting table so every time I need to cut something I have to pick them up & move them to the side...I {think} I have decided to do mine in batiks- haven't decided on a background yet- still 'tossing' that around- I did my *50 stars* project last year with black background on all 50 stars- so kind of leaning toward white for this project--but still not totally committed. I love seeing all the different selections that are coming up. I really want to 'set aside' the quilt i'm working on (for a day) and make one of these blocks! so hard not to....but I really need to stay focused & finish it up! oh...sometimes self discipline is soooooo hard! I keep reminding myself--- there are still a couple weeks in August- and if I stay 'focused' I will be able to enjoy this more- {instead of sitting here on the computer- I could be making that first block....} ugh
Good for you!! Me? Of course I had other projects in the works ... and they'll just have to stay that way and quit nagging me