View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Sneed

Default FMQers Don't Do This!!

I would imagine that most FMQers have done this to some degree or another, BUT if I can save just ONE from going through this I believe it is worth my time to post these pictures. I was on the very last edge of a wall hanging that I have been working on. When FMQing it is so important to make sure that your extra backing lies smoothly and does not fold over and get stitched down. I KNOW this to be true so I don't know if the excitement of almost being done or just pure stupidity caused me to do this, but what a nightmare. Now I must gingerly pick at these tiny little stitches and try very hard not to put a nick or a rip into the backing with my 'oh so sharp seam ripper' because that would just about be "all she wrote." Last night I picked a little out until my neck became stiff as a board and my eye twitched like my cat's tail while watching a bird out the window. It's going to take me awhile to get this out. Wish me luck...I'll post pictures of the finished product if I'm able to win. As the first picture shows I was almost finished. The second is the big OOPS!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]430723[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails bad01.jpg   bad02.jpg