Old 08-18-2013, 04:33 AM
Snooze2978

I'm the same as you. Once upon a time I purchased just what I thought I needed and later on found I needed more. The fabric was no longer available and it was before I knew about sites to request if anyone had this fabric to sell to me. Now I buy more than I know I will ever need in case I decide on a different pattern in midstream which has happened occasionally.

If I cut too many strips, they might get put into a matching pillow or pillowcase which I'm doing for the "quilt from Hades". On my DP9 on point, I made a little quilt for his kitty so they matched in color. If they fabric is cut say in 5" squares, they go into my tote for orphan 5", and so on. Nothing goes to waste in this house. Plus, I have an embroidery machines so small little pieces can be used in applique designs. In the next couple of weeks a friend just new to the life of making quilts will be coming over to dive into my scrap box for a scrappy quilt she wants to attempt. As she has no scraps of her own, I told her to come on over as mine procreate during the night and I'm being over run by them.

I buy fabric on impulse so never know what it will become. If my eye catches sight of it, I buy and at least 1 yd or more. If the bolt is just about finished, I buy the whole piece. Left the other day with 25 fabrics, 18 cleaned off the bolt. It was a very good day.