View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 05:51 AM
OES184

Originally Posted by linda faye View Post
I agree with Suz. Google uses for the American Flag and see if there are guideline to ensure respect for the flag.

I have extracted parts of the "U.S. Flag Code" below.

This code is the guide for all handling and display of the Stars and Stripes. It does not impose penalties for misuse of the United States Flag. That is left to the states and to the federal government for the District of Columbia. Each state has its own flag law.

§176. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

For more information, go to: www.usflag.org/uscode36.html‎

I don't think this is an appropriate quilt (if used for bedding) for Linus or any other project. Perhaps using it for display would be a more appropriate use for this quilt.