View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 08:55 AM
erinezavala

Default Quilting Shops on Oahu

Originally Posted by Sheri.a View Post
I will be traveling to Hawaii and would love to see some of the beautiful quilts made there. My destinations will be Oahu and the Big Island. Any ideas?

Also how about a class where I don't need to bring my own supplies?

thanks!
Hi there! My husband just finished up a 4 year Naval billet at Pearl Harbor on Oahu. My two favorite stores are The Calico Cat and Kaimuki Dry Goods, both within a 5 minute drive of each other and about 15 minutes or so from the main drag of Waikiki. The Calico Cat is tiny and stuffed to the brim with quilting cottons, notions and patterns and the owner, Carol, is the most chatty, helpful and kind shopkeeper I have come across. Kaimuki Dry Goods is much larger with dedicated parking and the staff is a lot less friendly (although I've never had a real issue with them). Kaimuki Dry Goods has some great preassembled Hawaiian quilt kits as well as a lot of Hawaiian print fabric choices. Anyway, I hope I'm not too late with my recommendations. I absolutely adored Hawaii and fell in love with quilting there. When my husband retires I hope to make it our permanent home. Enjoy your vacation and post pictures of your finds!!!

The Calico Cat: //www.thecalicocathawaii.com/

Kaimuki Dry Goods:
http://www.kaimukidrygoods.com/

Erin