Old 08-18-2013, 09:01 AM
DogHouseMom

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
Hi DogHouseMom, No I haven't done a thing with my blocks yet either. When I saw this BOM it really interested me. Glad we will be on this journey together!! Do you have any idea what fabrics or colors you will be using? I will look thru my stash this week and decide. I may have to go to the fabric shop for the background fabric what ever that will be. Decisions...decisions...decisions!!
Yup. I posted a pic of my colors back on post #230 of this thread, basically cream to dark brown with an emphasis on the coppery colored middle hues, all have metallic gold embelishments. I finished one of the blocks yesterday as I wanted to see how my colors played together. Happy with the results, and with how it plays with the colors in the dining room.

I will make each of the individual blocks into place mats for my dining table, and perhaps string 3 of them together for a table runner. I'm not adding the side pieces to make them rectangle, I'm leaving them as hexes.

I haven't posted the block as I'll wait to do that when Honchey starts the individual threads for each block, then I'll post to the appropriate thread.