View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 12:01 PM
Rainforest_elf

Default Commissioning a Quilt?

I'm looking to have a quilt made, because I don't think I have the skills or the patience to do it myself. I posted a few months ago, looking for the name of a pattern of this quilt:
After reading through the thread, doing my own research, and thinking on it for a time, I've all but given up on finishing this quilt in the next 30 years. I just don't have the skill, or time to finish it.

I've literally been working on this quilt, on and off, for 5 years, and I will probably never get it finished unless I enlist some help. You see, it was supposed to be a graduation gift for my little sister. She's now graduated from college, and she still has no quilt. I'm a bad big sister.

All of the fabric and colors have already been purchased, and about 3/4th of it is cut into working pieces. Half are just cut to sizable squares, the other are cut into diamonds, ready to be sewn. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a decent quilter who takes custom orders, and would be willing to work with me on cost, because the fabric and some of the work is already done. Most of the quilter's I've found so far (off Etsy) who will do custom orders, they are very expensive, and I feel like what I'm asking for is sort of specialized, and not just a straight up "pick a pattern and your colors and I'll make something for you!) Maybe what I'm asking for is more difficult than I realize...

I really just don't know where to go to get a reasonable quote since I have a lot of the ground work already done, it's just the piecing and finishing that needs to be done. Can anyone offer some suggestions? People you've worked with in the past who you've been happy with? Websites I can go to find someone who might be willing to take on a special, custom project like this?