View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 03:46 PM
TwinRiverFarm

" As the round, round robin goes bob-bob-bobbin along..." What? no singing? Brat?? Jaba?? Well now that I have got that song running around my head for the rest of the night, my turn to chime in. I live in eastern Virginia, north of the York River. I am 54, semi-retired (just started getting paid for what was a volunteer job!)and happily married to my DH for almost 6 years. 5 grown up kids, 4 grandbabies, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 10 chickens, 11 acres and way too many tomatoes and beans right now. I am an enthusiastic fabric addict. My best thrills come from making something beautiful from discarded stuff, which is why my garden fences used to be our back deck, the arbor is made from a neighbor's pier, and my favorite quilt fabrics seem to come from thrift stores.
I have a closet full of UFO blocks from swaps and started projects, and I am trying to pick my center from them. There are some really beautiful patterns and colors, so choosing is hard. I think I will start with a 12 1/2" block and make it 24 1/2" before mailing it off. Jaba, send yours on anytime, I'm all ready to start!