Old 08-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Honchey

Originally Posted by klgreene View Post
Hi everyone, I've been following along here, but I'm really confused. Were we supposed to make one of the blocks now, just not post it and what template is everyone talking about. Aren't we just supposed to PP the block? Then the last question, What does "Spike Your English" mean. Either I am so far out of it, and don't have a clue what's going on, or I'm making more of a fumbled mess in my head than necessary....Katie
A website www.quiltingonthesquare.com has a free block of the month originally called "Spike your English" ...the blocks originally started out as hexagons using the English paper piecing method then the creator of these blocks added PaperPiecing triangles to it ..therefore"Spike your English" came to be....

We'll be doing 2 of these blocks a month Starting September 3, 2013...

There will be a new thread posted every month for the blocks...

This thread is just an introduction for discussion and posting photos of the fabrics each person will be using if they choose to do so...
Meanwhile, if you want to come along for the ride you need to download the blocks from the website I mentioned at the beginning of this post...
In regards to "templates" mentioned here.. many of us will use a template cut from one of the patterns of the block to gestimate the size of the fabric needed for each section...Mirabelle has graciously offered to give the fabric measurements for each section of the block every month...Hooray!!!
Some of us will have the first block done by the 3rd of September...some will wait until they see a photo of another's block..Block #1 should be done by the 16th of the month...leaving the 17th thru the end of the month for block #2.
I hope I explained it all okay...

Everyone is very excited about this new "Journey" and the conversation about all of it might be confusing to some just looking for the first time...The "Official" start is September 3, 2013 and a "finished block" is not required on that date...