Old 08-18-2013, 08:46 PM
quiltingshorttimer

When I rented time on a shop long arm, I had to use zippers--and always had trouble getting them on right! The person I purchased my long arm from used corsage pins--and I got tons when I bought it. It took me a long time and many retries to load when I first got it--but I'm getting much faster now. I pine the back and batting togehter on the take up bar, pin the back only on the backing bar, pin the top on the top bar(bottom) and float it at the top. Like Quilted Dove I sew a line across the top of back/batting and then sew my top at that same line. I don't always baste down the sides--I sometimes need to be able to "adjust" the edges! When I do baste, I make sure that the right side is a bigger basting stitch in case I need to unsew and make that adjustment.
I'd like to eventually get a snapper system--but need to start making some money from quilting before I can order them!

T-pins? I've never figured out why those are called "quilt" pins--they are so darn thick and not very sharp--only time I've ever used them were to stick straight in when doing some upholstery projects.