Old 08-19-2013, 05:41 AM
BoJangles

Fizeos, I saw your Pfaff treadle machine in our Photo shop. We are not suppose to chat in the photo shop, cause it will end up like this board - hundreds of pages long!

Anyway, the Pfaff head is in really bad shape - lots and lots of rust, peeling/chipped paint. The machine is not worth much at all except to someone who appreciates the old girls. The irons could be re-done with a new table top if you are handy that way. The machine will never look good the way it is all chipped/peeling but it would be a candidate for a re-paint if you wanted to go to the trouble. It would look good on a shelf too just the way it is, but as far as what you could get for it - where I live you'd be lucky to give it away. Sorry, but the prices you see on Craigslist, etc., are really not indicative of what the machines are really selling for - they are mostly wishful thinking on the part of the sellers!

Sorry, I don't mean to sound mean, I'd get that machine just cause it is a Pfaff, but unfortunately, there are not a lot of people who really appreciate the really neglected/abused machines unless they get them for practically nothing or the machine is really rare!
Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 08-19-2013 at 05:48 AM.