View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 06:48 AM
romanojg

I love rag quilts. Preparing flannel right now so that on my day off I can get the AccuCut out and cut a lot of squares. I normally will do alot of blocks and have them ready in a tote so that if I need a quick gift its just a matter of picking out the proper squares for the intended and sewing them together. I like the backs to be no prints but can be multi colored. I then either applique something on the back or this time I'm going to embroidery designs on instead of the square with the X to hold them together. I have a DGD due this month and another one due in Nov plus my 2yr old wants one. This time it'll be a teaching session as well. My daughter wants to learn and what better way for her to learn while she's helping cut all of those squares. I think this time I'll either take them to a laundry mat, since there are a few or put them into a mesh bag to hold all of the strings. But I so love the finished product. If you use fleece then you get the effect of the rag without any fraying.