Old 08-19-2013, 08:06 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Hellloooooooo!!!!
Yes, I am here for a quick visit.
Have done a quick read through of all that has been going on, while I have be gone and going!

Welcome to the New Spikers who have joined the clan, while I've been gone!
Please don't hesitate in speaking up. The more involved you become the more you will get out of this quilt-along and the more fun we can all have together!

All this talk about cutting templates and fabrics before stitching.....
Am I the only one who does not do so?
I mostly work off the full chunk of fabric ... or off-cuts that have been left from other projects.
Then trim the seamline after stitching each.
I'll do some pics, at a later time ... when I have some time to do so.

So are there any chunkers? Or am I solo on this?

And oh .... for the outer edge pieces ... I always oversize, and not trimming til the final assembly and pressing. That way, I can square it up nicely, and should the block work out a little small, can still trim it to the right size.

For keeping track of colour placements .... I use highlighters and put a slash of coordinating colour in each part, to remind me what to use. With this being 6 units the same ... I will probably might the first triangle to confirm I like my fabric placements, then will do the remaining 5 in an assembly line system.

JeanieG and Honchey and All! ... my count is to 53 including 5 that I'm not sure if they are "in" or lurking with interest.

OKSGlad re #300 ... FINALLLLLLLLY you admitted to what we all, already knew would happen!!!! And with fabrics picked already too!