Old 08-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Jim's Gem

I too am dealing with health issues. This time it is my aging parents. My dad spent 3 days in the hospital and is now in rehab. He has to stay there until he can walk again. My parents live 100 miles south of us with Los Angeles in the middle. Makes for a long commute. Took us 3 1/2 hours on Friday to make the drive. He has a lot of dementia, is down to 121 lbs (I'd love to give him 30 of mine) Keeps getting UTI's cause he does not want to drink. He's not eating a whole lot either. Was dehydrated, very weak, anemic, low protein in the blood and even more confused than normal. I'm not sure they are doing a very good job at rehab making him drink. The reason he's there is to get his strength back and that won't happen if he does not eat and drink.
I pieced together 3 tops last week. Did another one on Thursday. Hope to start another 3 today. Right now I have 6 tops that will get sandwiched Friday night at our monthly UFO at church. Maybe I will have 9?? My machine is still in the shop so I won't start quilting them until it's back. Been over 2 months!!!!!
Weight is up 1, down 2, up 1, even etc. So, not doing so great. Yesterday was a real emotional day. Cried half the day. I did not overeat with that emotion, so that was good. My eyes are pretty sensitive today. I wear contacts and If I cry much they get blurry very quickly and I have to keep pulling them out and cleaning them.
My beautiful grand daughter should be here any minute. We get to play with her for a little bit but it will be her nap time really soon. So most of the time we have her, she will be sleeping. Still, she is such a delight. just turned 19 months.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!