Old 08-19-2013, 04:07 PM
blueheavenfla

Jackie, several years ago, I purchased a VS2 with roses, cornflowers and daisies. It looked quite a bit like your photo. EXCEPT the veneer came off like dust when you touched it. It now has new veneer on the cabinet top and the coffin top which I stained to match the rest of the cabinet (drawers) after I had followed Glenn's tutorial on restoring the cabinet and the machine. I took everything I could off of the machine and de-rusted, oiled, polished everything. It sews beautifully. My husband tore down the irons and repainted all the parts. I got new bobbins from Sew Classic as well as a new belt. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out and a professional woodworker was amazed that I was able to match the color of the new veneer with the old wood. You can do it and have fun with it. Good luck.
Originally Posted by rosie99 View Post
Got a quick question on a fiddle base treadle. I have never seen one in person but found one on Kijiji and was wondering if you can dismantle them? For instance, can you sewing machine off the base? I tried to look for hinges but it is hard to see in the pictures. Also if need be, can I take the irons off the table?
Here is a picture
[ATTACH=CONFIG]430634[/ATTACH]

Thanks for any advice.
Jackie

Last edited by blueheavenfla; 08-19-2013 at 04:10 PM.