Old 08-20-2013, 12:22 AM
GrannieAnnie

The latest JoAnn's flyer showed a "ragged" butterfly throw. Cute as a button. So, I set out to make my own pattern, and to make it a floor pillow instead. The butterfly body is done, pink pieces from a couple other floor pillows I just completed for my GD's "big girl" room. (she just turned two) The wings are cut out, all just the way I want. I found a cord skirt that I've reclaimed for the wing material. It's multicolored leaves, but they suit me for wings.

NOW since you don't just waltz into a store to buy a butterfly shaped pillow, I'm piecing and patching and puffing together scrap batting to make the pillow, which I've done many a time before. Mostly I'm trying to decide what should be puffier? I haven't done it yet, but I think I need to put some height under the "body" aside from what's in the rest of the wings. Got more than enough spare batting, just have to make sure it's where it needs to be and secured with some serious taking. This is taking far more time than I expected it would.