View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 04:01 AM
Macybaby

I also love this decal. I've got one that has some wear on the base - it came with a mixed lot of five machines and three treadle cabinets. My observations - Hand cranks seem to be in more demand than others on ebay, especially if they have a vintage handcrank. I paid $289 for mine, but the machine is from 1895 and came with a coffin top type lid. I paid $150 for a near perfect redeye in a case, and then bought an aftermarket handcrank for it. I've seen vintage handcranks sell for $50 and up - just the crank. If you are looking for a good using machine, finding a nice one and putting a hand crank on it can be the cheapest way to go. If you want one of collector quality, I'd say to expect to pay in the $250 -$300 range. I've found many diamonds in the rough on Craigslist - however keep in mind what the fuel will cost to pick it up if you have to make a special trip. sorry about the format, at work my "enter" key won't work with this message board, so I can't put line spacing into my post.