Old 08-20-2013, 04:57 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Honchey ... The butter dishes are a combined effort with my partner in this effort. Mine are the pink depression glass, china, blue pottery to the left, pressed glass to its right, front centre pressed glass. I would SO like to get one of the cow or chicken butter dishes. I saw a few this spring, but wasn't convinced they were old, rather repros!!

JeanieG .. Oh my ... I did it again, no attachment! Just dispatched it to you. I've noticed the same thing, with the auto-notice links. Great group shot ... coming together nicely.

Anael, JeanieG, JanRN and all others!! ... You know, you could come and see it IRL!!

JanRN ... and that's not so impossible for you. Now if you and MrJanRN would hop in that car of yours, we're not such a long drive away from you!!!! We had a family in the display the other day from Pittsburgh, who had done just that, just to come and see a bit of Canada. And think of all the LQS' you could visit along the way!!!!! You picked well in spotting that cow ... it's a true-type, meaning that it is done perfectly to scale. They used to be given to 4-H'ers who topped their clubs each year. No, not mine, belongs to my colleague. We saw one auctioned this spring for over $500, so every time I go near it, I get nervous!

Anael ... perfect backing for Mick's cushion and glad to have been part of this caper! Now, we need to see a pic of Mick with it!

CarrieM ... just the two of us for all of the set up and take down for both the butter and the display for the cattle. We've done it together for quite a few yrs now, so work well together, and have somewhat of a system worked out to help things go pretty smoothly. For the other display, we have 4 producers that come in daily to help "man" the display, talk to consumers, and do commentary during milking time (twice daily) with a question and answer period. For Mr+MrsOK, check your email.

Today ... some catch up and get ready for another stint ... wonder? could I sneak in some stitching?
Last night cut out the hexies to make while away (maybe?), for the facing of this runner that's been in holding pattern for sometime. I have the small one quilted, and the facing almost all stitched on. The white is NOT white ... a light mauve floral, medium sized print.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]431250[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails gfg-1-.jpg