Thread: WalMart Woes
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 07:56 AM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by Extreme Quilter
:( Several of us have been phoning in and posting to the online petition for months now, and it appears WalMart is not listening. They say only the Super WalMarts will be carrying fabric. In my area, the Super WalMart had the smallest and poorest selection, whereas, the smaller WalMart a few miles away had a much better selection. This smaller WalMart was supposed to close out their fabric department but now they are being told they remain "until further notice," which they say could be another year until they are slated for a remodel. Very frustrating.
ours is a Super WalMart. so is the next closest. One fabric department is already gone. ours is on the chopping block. will be gone soon. we just don't know yet exactly when.

Maybe it will force me to start actually using my stash instead of just adding to it on a whim or starting projects that require something i don't already have. and since most of my purchases will now have to be online i'll have to offset the shipping costs by buying less of each at a time. I don't know if i'll end up spending less or a whole lot more. Kinda scarey.

one good thing has come out of it, though. i've had to start looking at more websites and have stumbled upon one or two good deals. not enough to replace having a place just around the corner to get decent stuff at good prices. but i guess i'll get used to it and perhaps expand my fabric horizons.