Old 08-20-2013, 09:08 AM
romille

Default Want to make sure I order the right clover bias maker...

I am very new to sewing/quilting, so please forgive my ignorance... I have only done binding once so far, for a baby quilt. It came out well, but it was only a single fold and this time I am trying a double fold. I am placing an order for some other things and thought I would toss in a bias tape maker.

I am a little confused about the clover bias maker sizes; even Clover's website doesn't seem to explain it. I searched the board already, and googled, and youtubed... I think what I have found is that the bias maker's marked size is about half the width of the fabric used.

Anyways, I made a changing pad a few days ago (sandwich of flannel, batting, and some laminated cotton) and now I need to put the binding on. I have already cut my fabric strips to 2.25" and joined them, then ironed them folded in half. I still need to do the other folds, but I am so very pregnant (due the 27th) and it was just killing my back. At this point I think I need to back off my quilting/sewing until after the baby is born... so I will just leave my project unfinished for a few weeks unless I get a burst of energy that doesn't end up channeled into last minute baby preparations.

Should I order the 1" bias maker??