View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 10:17 AM
DustysMomma

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Wonder why you would have to take it for 30 days before enbrel though?
For a long time metheltrexate was top of the food chain of what they could offer in treatments. Obviously, drugs like Embrel are expensive. He said that he's required to give me the metheltrexate for 30 days first, but I can't remember if that's an FDA thing or insurance. Thing is, I have been talking to some other people the last few days who have taken it, and the nausea, bleeding gums, fatigue, dizziness, etc. all concern me. Not to mention, there's nothing in it to slow the joint deterioration like there supposedly is in the biologicals like Enbrel.

Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
I've been using clobatesol on my eczema for the past couple of weeks - getting rid of eczema on the hands is difficult because you're always washing your hands and you wash the medicine off.

Onto something else - last night a woman knocked on my door and wanted to know if it would be okay to walk around our house and look at the flowers so I showed her around. She was impressed with what we have done to the property since we purchased it 15 years ago.
I agree, and on the hands is what gets in my head worse than anything. The general practitioner told me there was no difference in using the eczema lotion I bought over the counter and the topicals he was giving me. Yet it was still spreading. My boss has eczema as well and says she's been worried for years about the arthritis showing up like it is in me now. That's the part I dread the worst. I will have to ask the dermatologist about clobatesol as well.

I have always wanted to stop to see someone's home like your visitors did. Honestly, I don't have the courage to do it. I'm not shy, just don't want people to think I'm a nutter!