View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 09:59 PM
Candace

I have to admit they're just not my favorite vintage machine. Cute, but a lot of effort to get back to running correctly. Pulleys are not cheap and can cost as much as the machine. You have to store it with the pulley disengaged or it will get a flat spot again. And IMO they vibrate a lot. Plus, I'm not a big fan of the knee lever/control for the speed. They just don't seem to suit my sewing needs. I've had three and have sold one, am planning on selling one and just keeping one for the cuteness and kind-of-cool factor. I much prefer other Elnas like the 62C or Carina air electronics, and Lotus machines for actual sewing and projects. They also are very specific and picky about bobbins. They won't take the generic bobbins available now so only the German made ones or vintage bobbins. Eh, just not a machine I love. For $30 it's a keeper, but you may just not use it as much as you had planned. Replacing the pulley will cost you as much as the machine. Just for the part and if you do it yourself.

Last edited by Candace; 08-20-2013 at 10:04 PM.