View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 06:22 AM
AZ Jane

Default Boxer Luv Rescue Charity quilt

I am almost done. Was getting worried if this would ever get finished. Last year I got the bright idea that I could do this!! I found the blocks on line and ordered them, was a little disappointed by the feel of them. It is printed onto fabric but has the rubbery feel like some printed t-shirts. But I plowed ahead. Found the Boxer head, that is in the corners on-line also. OK, I don't know how to appliqué. Signed up for a class, LOL, got to class, it was machine appliqué. Had to go home and get my machine. Took the class, was interesting but not what I needed. I did make a cute chicken LOL. Tried to move forward, it was a no go. The piece just didn't look right. Found a lady who gives one-on-one classes in hand appliqué, YEA. Dang this is hard!! Hand quilted mostly echo quilting but some creative. I have bones, dog house, fire hydrant, water bowl and a ball in the quilting. I clor matched the thread on the front but the really stand out on the back. Not sure if this is going to show up or not. Found help on the Board for my label. Already to finish, I can't find the label, we have searched the whole house, so I'm making a new one and she will be finished by tomorrow, but I couldn't wait. So after almost a year, here she is!! TA-DA
[ATTACH=CONFIG]431498[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]431499[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]431500[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]431501[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]431502[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boxer-luv-rescue-001a.jpg   boxer-luv-rescue-004a.jpg   boxer-luv-rescue-007a.jpg   boxer-luv-rescue-008a.jpg   boxer-luv-rescue-009a.jpg