View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Vistacruise

Default Furlough Scrap Quilts

During my furlough period from work, I couldn't buy fabric so I decided to try and make a dent in my stash. I finished one quilt top, and made 4 others. Didn't succeed in making a dent in my stash, but I did have a good time! Most of these are patterns from a scrap quilting magazine I bought this year; I don't remember the name of it so I will have to post later when I get home.

French Braid

Color Block (I made this one with all 2.5" squares, which was not what the pattern called for, but it used up more stash for me that way)

Can't remember the name on this one. The blocks where I used flower print were supposed to be applique, but I wanted to use the flower print instead

This one was from a different magazine and was called Paper Chain. Just realized I didn't take a picture of it all sewn together.

This is the start of "something" that I made using the scraps from the Paper Chain scrap quilt. It finished at a 3' square (again, no photo of it all sewn together) so I will have to do something to finish it off. It is very heavy; the HSTs were 1.5" square... and 420 of them (GACK).