Old 08-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Retired Fire Chief

Jaba, thanks for the well wishes. Took DH (now guess, does D stand for dear or d----?) to the doc to check the swelling, his foot still looks like a balloon on the end of his leg. She ordered an air cast and boot that she thinks wil be more comfy. She told him not to put any weight on it for at least another week, then a second week if it doesn't feel remarkably better. So it looks like I am on duty, urnial and slave, for longer than I thought. I remember when I sprained my ankle and couldn't wear my jump boots to work for 3 weeks and I only missed one day of work and no days of cooking, cleaning, etc. He's gonna milk this for all it's worth! It looks nasty so I'm sure it hurts but he doesn't have to be so crabby! Don't worry, I'll survive.....

I am going through sewing machine withdraw. I had planned to sew yesterday afternoon but ended up washing walls and baseboards and have lots more to do. I need to go back out and get the air cast, boot and knee scooter the doc ordered and do some grocery shopping so my quilt may have to wait again.

Maybe I can find a few minutes to decide on a pattern to use for my runner. I have some gorgeous fabrics just need to decide how I want them meshed together.