View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 07:47 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I have to agree with everyone else it is beautiful as is, very soft and the colors are so soothing. It sounds like it would look lovely in her room with the colors you have chosen. For a border I would opt for a piano key border. Here you may be able to use a subdued fuscia that matches the fairy panels. I would make the piano key with strips of the yellow and olive maybe 1" finished and a narrower strip, perhaps 1/2" finished of a soft fuscia in between the main part of the quilt and the piano key border. You could then duplicate the fuscia in the binding. Play with it a bit before sewing it to figure out if you want it or not. My worry would be that your eye would be drawn to this new color more then you want it to be. Sometimes less is more if you know what I mean. Adding another color may throw it off. I would go hunting for a soft floral that compliments the fairy panels and maybe that would have the bit of fuscia you are looking for. This is where the ladies at your LQS could help a lot.

Please show us another picture when you get done.