View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Sunlover53

Default Need help with orphan blocks.

When my DMIL past away I was given her quilting stash. Among the many UFOs she left I discovered these squares I thought I would be able to do something with.
As I don't know how to appliqué, I can't add appliqué squares. I do have more of the background fabric. The pieced square is slightly smaller then the other squares but I should be able to cut the others to the same size. The smallest square is 12". Do you think these squares are from a specific quilt pattern or would they be a sampler. I would love to know what her intent was for these.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]431550[/ATTACH]
I also have these 5 squares but have no more fabric to add additional squares. Are these squares easy to make, if so I could probably buy some fat quarters to add more. Should I use just 4 and build borders around them and make a pillow cover or bag with the one left over. These are 12 1/2" squares.[ATTACH=CONFIG]431558[/ATTACH]
The final item I would like to make larger maybe lap quilt size. It is approximately 36" square. The squares are 2" finished. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg