View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 04:44 AM
Stitch124

Default Craigslist Customized sewing table

Thanks to my DH for following several sets of instructions printed out for him to make this sewing table for my sewing room. I have three machines that I use. A Brother SQ 9050, Singer Featherweight, and a Singer 301A. All three fit in the table with height adjustments so each machine table top fits flush with the table itself. What a guy! I found the table and brought it home. Showed him where I wanted the machines to sit on the table and left him alone. (He works much better alone!) He also had to adjust the height of the table by cutting off 1.5" from each leg. (I'm very short!)

Just brought the table into the room at 11pm so haven't had a chance to start sewing on it but will do so tomorrow when I start quilting my Table Runner Swap partner's table runner.

I've also attached a pic of the way my sewing machine was originally set up. The plastic portable tables are adjustable but height settings were either too tall or too short. I had to scrunch my shoulders up and down when I quilted. By the time I finished quilting a t-shirt quilt, my back hurt so bad I couldn't sew for two days.

I think this new table will be perfect.
Attached Thumbnails sewing-table.jpg   quiltroom.jpg   table3.jpg  

Last edited by Stitch124; 08-22-2013 at 04:48 AM.