View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 05:18 AM
Rubesgirl

Smile Son-in-law's Promotion Quilt

Good morning! It took me a solid week to make this quilt top for my son-in-law's promotion gift. I just finished it last night and am pleased with the way it came out. It goes to my LA quilter today so it will be completed by the 13th for his promotion ceremony. He made Chief Petty Officer this time and we are all so happy about it!

I would like to offer my thanks and give credit to the quilters on this Board who lent their input and expertise. Particularly to Ridgefield, who was generous and kind enough to offer me the center panel, and to Kaelynagelfoot, who sent me the pattern I based this on. She designed a quilt for a family member and shared it with me. Also, the label that will be on the back can only be credited to Sewnsewer2, who makes all my labels and gorgeously so. This is truly a group effort and greatly appreciated by me! I hope the SIL will love it, too.

(Sorry about the table edge in the photo. Also, there is nothing wrong with the left side of the quilt, I tried to Photoshop a lamp out of the pic and it blurred the fabric a bit My sewing skills are much better than my editing skills! )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]431629[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails lelands-quilt-8-21-2013a.jpg