View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 06:53 AM
nativetexan
Power Poster

the more you can handle her, the better. we took in a mama and her two girls. one stayed in the garage while the others came in the house to eat. I figured the timid one would come around in her own good time. Mistake! Now, six years later she's much, much better. Still a timid cat though. Her mama had a second litter in our house (her boyfriend visited her before we could get her to stay inside) and one of that litter was very timid. Even though those were handled as soon as mama would let us. Lots of talking to kitty, petting and calmness around her. I pet my Rosie every day many times a day. I pick her up behind her front paws and pat her tummy, leaving her back feet on the floor. Then I do that and pick her up cupping her back feet. take her to the door to look out, talking to her all the while.kiss her ears and let her down gently. This all takes time. But do not give up. That essential bonding is missing since you couldn't get to handle her earlier. Rosie lets me pet her while eating now too. Good luck. Oh and Rosie was named Buddy first because we thought she was a he. The Vet informed me she was female so she became Buddie Rose. Big for a girl and mama wouldn't have anything to do with her really. . I did try some calming stuff at Petco but it had no effect on them. Mama is a nervous cat but loves to be petted. I take her and her tiny dtr outside on leashes. They love that!!
Attached Thumbnails my-three-girls-july-2013.jpg  

Last edited by nativetexan; 08-22-2013 at 06:57 AM.