View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

Does the arm squeak if you move it by hand (off the machine)? Is this a new or an old foot? And what model Bernina is it? I don't know for sure, but if this is a new walking foot I would definitely suspect that it is a defective foot. I have a Bernina 1230 and the walking foot for it (definitely expensive!) has never squeaked. I would be afraid that whatever is causing the squeak would be bad for my machine -- maybe rubbing against a part that will eventually give out. I did ruin one Bernina walking foot. The back of it caught a basting pin in a quilt and I didn't notice it until I started getting teeny tiny stitches. By that time it was too late; the pin had pulled so hard on the spring inside the walking foot that the spring was "sprung" and no longer had the right amount of give.

Anyway, if it's a new foot I would try to return it for another one. If it's an old foot, I would try to determine if the squeak is actually coming from the foot or if the squeak is coming from the foot rubbing against a machine part.

Last edited by Prism99; 08-22-2013 at 10:49 AM.