View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 01:23 AM
Reb

Red face Recovering fabriholic

[QUOTE=wildyard;6245256]Well, I am a fabriholic and I love it too. However, I do want to share another side of the issue with my quilting friends just as something to keep in mind.

I always have trouble resisting a good fabric buy, but at one point last winter, I found myself unable to resist ANY fabric buy. I would be telling myself NO, the whole time I was filling my basket, and PUT IT BACK. I was spending money we didn't have. But no matter how much I lectured myself, I would be shocked at the check out by how much I had spent.

I became very concerned by how compulsive this problem was getting. And it didn't happen with anything except fabric. So at my next Dr. appt. I laughingly mentioned it, and come to find out, it was a side effect of a medication I was taking.

We lowered the dose by half and the problem was gone within 2 weeks.

So please do enjoy your fabric shopping, but if you ever do really feel out of control, look into it, there could be something going on besides a good healthy love of wonderful fabrics. Hugggggggs and smilessssss.[/

I think this is important. I have BipolarII and having a compulsion to spend money, even if it is on fabric, could be a symptom of a "manic" episode. I actually experienced this myself. Unfortunatly I wasn't quilting at the time so I didn't spend on fabric. But I got some things I always wanted for the house. An
excellent P-Doc prescribed the correct medication. And I have my stash from years ago that I can now enjoy! Be healthy! Then shop til you drop!

The top of my post is a quoted previous post. Not sure why it didn't come out looking right

Last edited by Reb; 08-23-2013 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Post did not come up looking right in posting the quoted thread reply