Old 11-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Quiltgranny

I'm using a free bedroom as a combo sewing room and office, so space is hard to come by for my ever growing stash, too. I've had to resort to some measures I don't necessarily care for, but what's a gal gonna do? Here are a few things I've resorted to lately:

1) Our attached garage has become my 'annex' for flannels, fleece and batting. I've put all that stuff in plastic tubs.

2) I put my WIPs under my sewing tables in tubs.

3) I hung a few baskets by their bottoms on my walls to display some small things, like jelly rolls, charms, etc.

4) The closet has a metal shelf unit that stores most of my stash.

5) I put some of my stash up for sale, here on our board.

6) I've donated or given away some fabric.

Can you hang some of your pieces on hangers in your closet? Do you have a cedar chest or other type of furniture that could double as fabric storage? An ottoman would work as do those benches you put by your front door. Do you have any of those little round tables with a table cloth that you could store fabric under where it's hidden? Can you install a few shelves on your bedroom walls for fabric storage? I hang my finished tops on those clamp style skirt hangers behind my bedroom door.

Thanks for starting this thread. Lots of good ideas already. Best of luck to you. :)

Karla in CO