View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 06:09 AM
clsurz

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post
Thanks, Dawn. I get so uptight just thinking about trying to use the embroidery feature.
Don't be afraid to use your embroidery part of the machine. For me it is the least threatening part of a sewing machine.

Check out youtube for your brand and d/l videos teaching you how to use it. Also do a search on line on basics of embroidery machine and learn from that as well. If you can be so lucky as I was earlier this year having a lady locally give some of us some lessons on our machines (all for $15 a lesson which lasted 2-3 hours each) it is worth it and a lot more. I would have gladly spent up to $40 an hour to learn such things.

I have learned so much on my own by d/l online videos on how to do various type projects with my embroidery machine as well as using my Evolution serger, my embellisher and of course my Quattro 2 embroidery machine.

I d/l so I can have it on my laptop and tablet to view whenever I want to. You can d/l FREE downloaders for such videos from youtube and other places.

The way to feel more at ease with our machines is to do our research on how to use them as well as types of fabrics, stabilizers and such to use for each project we create.